Monday 25 February 2013

Rudey Nudey!

Here's to my first PROPER beauty blog post! Woop woop!!!

The last month I have discovered my need for a nude lipstick :D so I decided in this venture to compare two brands :D One cheapy weepy, the second slightly more upmarket, though not that expensive as I REFUSE to spend much more than £7 on lippy (but who has that kinda money anyway??)
My two buys were MUA Bare Shade 14 (£1- could only find shade 15 for link), and Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 700 Nude Delight (around £6.29)...
 Packaging wise Rimmel is clearly more attractive with it's shiny purpleness... reminds me of a certain chocolatey goodness....

 Colour wise Rimmel seems to have a slight more orange tinge to it, but apart from that I'd argue in saying they're pretty identical!
MUA left, Rimmel right



Rimmel on the left, Mua on the right, and as you can see not much difference!
So for me comparison came down to the feel and wear. . . and MUA pretty much bags it! It feels much creamier on the lips and seems to have a higher pigmentation. It also seems to stay longer too which is always handy (although I've never met a truly long lasting lipstick). Plus with MUA lipsticks you get the added bonus of the twistable base which holds the same colour in like a gloss, and they cost just £1, so you can get 6 for the price of 1 Rimmel! And there are some real gorge colours! And who cares if you have to reapply more often or whatevs... I sure don't! :D
Back to the nude though! I have decided that I should only really wear nude with an accompanying nude lipgloss just to make it pop a bit more! And here is my choice!

 Barry M Lip Gloss- 2  Toffee and it not only feels so lovely on the lips (not sticky :D) but it smells DIVINE!!


 Like Thornton's toffee!! Mmmmm... so may have to purchase more of them... only in 3 for 2 or some other deal as I cannot bring myself to buy makeup full price (except cheap ol' MUA).
Nude is definitely the go to if you're wearing a very bright or full on outfit or eyes... or you just want to go for the more 'au natural' look! 
MUA 1-0 Rimmel

So there you go! How did I do?? Hehe.... do you have any nude lip delights?





No comments:

Post a Comment